Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's gonna get better...


I'm coming off of a hell week.  Things are better.  And, it feels good.
I spent Christmas with the kind of flu that makes you feel like you are part of an exorcism.  And to add to the Suckfest, I have my fingers splinted.
Let me take you back.......
After a great WOD featuring box jumps, I decided that I wanted to try the 28 inch box.  Now, box jumps are a former nemesis, so the fact that I was able to do a WOD with the 24 inch box was good.  I've spent almost 2 years living in terror of jumping 2 feet in the air.  So, now I want to be one of the big kids.  I wanna jump the 28.  And, I was given very valuable advice from my husband, a Level One CrossFit trainer, before I jumped.  "Don't swing your hands in front of you.  You do that.  You will hit them on the box."
  Me-"OK."
Ten seconds and TWO substantial hand whacks later, I'm holding my fingers and trying not to drop the king cat daddy of all swear words in front of the just dismissed CrossFit Kids class.  And, I don't filter myself well.  And, I like that word.  Fuck.  See?  I even like to type it.   And, it hurt like a mother father.  That was a personal growth moment, folks.
Now, one week later, things are getting better.  I'm starting to get my strength back from the flu, the swelling is going down in my fingers and I can almost make a fist with my left hand.  Soon, I'll be able to wear my wedding ring.  Or, flip off other drivers and steer.  You know, it's the simple pleasures.
Now, for the Resolutions.  I want to complete a running 1/2 marathon.  I'm registered for one in February. 
I want to stop eating crap so often and limit my 'fancy coffee' intake to 1 time a month.
I would like to rank in the top 10 worldwide of all the ranked rows in my age division on the Concept 2 Rowing site.  I'm almost there.
I'd like to get my Level 1 cert.
And, my double unders.
And pr my dead lift.  I'm at 295#  and I really want 300#. And I want it smooth.
And, I'd like the patience and self discipline to meet these goals.
And, be a better listener.
And, a pony.

1 comment:

  1. Now you had to know I would be one of your biggest (most likely literally) fans! With one regular blog and one poetry blog, I am little addicted.

    ReplyDelete