Friday, January 28, 2011

I is educated.....


I'm gonna drop a bomb on you.........I'm not shy.  I'm going to give you a minute to pull yourself off the floor.
But, I've found myself at a loss for words this week.  I've tried to be like the wise old owl in the nursery rhyme:

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?
 

My first week of training other athletes has been wonderful!  But training is an art and everyone has different skills.  And art is subjective.
I may look at a painting and say "That sucks.  My dog wiped his ass on my carpet last Tuesday with more talent."  And Joe Schmoe may have that painting hanging over his couch.  "Did you see this?  I love his work.  It speaks to me."
Some of us are abstract, some minimalists, others detailed.   I'm not sure where I fall yet.  I wish that I could tell you that I left my Cert knowing everything and rocking out muscle-ups like a m-effer, but alas....If CrossFit HQ could accomplish that at a Certification course, they would have been on Oprah years ago.  They have a magic potion at HQ that makes them awesome, but my Cert wasn't at Hogwarts.  It was in St. Charles. :)
I'm gonna have to make my own magic.


So, I leave you with this.  I'm happy.  I'm learning.  And I feel great about the path I am following.  Can't wait to see where it will lead me!

For now, here is my favorite song.
BEST LYRICS EVER!!!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhh, it's telling us something.....

 

1 comment: