Monday, January 19, 2015

Granny Panties in a WOD

Top 10 things that make me feel old at the box.

10. The Murph run used to be uphill-both ways.
Just kidding.
But, 55#/35# used to be RX in kettlebell.

9. I know the verb Murski.

8. I don't complain online that I think someone's form sucks or that I think Castro is a dick or Reebok is the devil for sponsoring the Games. I'm not an entitled 13 year old girl or a juiced-up 38 year old living in my parents basement. I believe in community. Still.

7. Libby DiBiase was THE girl in the red shorts well before Stacie Tovar was ever THE girl in THE white shorts.

6. While driving to the Midwestern Sectionals, I called because there were tons of slots open for women to compete but I missed the cut off time by 20+ minutes. You just signed up. And people struggled with the 95#/65# OHS portion of the Air Force WOD. And the 20 minute time cap. Because it was hard.

5. I'm not mad that the Open costs $20. I bought a $4 coffee last week. It lasted 26 minutes. The Open lasts 5 weeks.

4. I have multiple Infidel shirts. I treasure them. And no one I coach knows what it means when I wear them. Athletes have asked if that is an affiliate's name.

3. I remember when we hardly ever snatched. Like, ever.

2. I don't confuse Graham Holmberg with the bad guy from The Karate Kid movie.

1. I have too much Lulu but no pre-workout. I just stretch and drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment