Monday, March 21, 2011

Cheater! Cheater! Cupcake eater!

On March 1st, I started Zone.  For all my complaining and Zone-bashing, I felt that it was important to try Zone, so that I can teach Zone to our athletes at the Box.  It's been going great-not the huge suckfest I was expecting.  And then, I went to Springfield....
well, crap.
My lack of focus on nutrition is comparable to what is so fucked up with our society.  I lose weight, I treat myself.  We pay off a credit card and celebrate our financial willpower with a $300 pair of boots-put on the card we just paid off.   Somehow, because it is high-end treats, I feel like it is OK.  Five dollar lattes, truffle Parmesan french fries, 18 year-old balsamic reduction over french bread with imported olive oil, nice wine.   I actually purchased a $4.89 cupcake.  It was just lovely.  But, all in all, after my weekend of indulgence, I felt like crap.  Literally.  AND, it showed in my WOD on Monday.  My time was TRULY horrible.
It made me think of my favorite quote, or at least part of the quote:

"We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"

Well?  Good question.  Who am I to give all the hard work I do the finger by mucking it up with poor nutritional choices?   I make mature choices about my finances, parenting and time management.  Really, is eating crap a way to hold on to part of my youth?  Or is it just fun to be naughty?
Don't answer that.  Naughty is almost always fun.  I PR almost every time!
So, back on the Zone, I go.  Which is going pretty well.  Damn Zone.
I hate it when I'm wrong.
Now it's time to concentrate on being brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous.  Week One of the CrossFit Open has begun!  I have a fortnight to improve my double-unders....
Normally, a week is 7 days, but the 1st week's deadline has been extended.  A week of double-unders feels like 14 days, anyways. :)
Good luck, if you're competing! 

1 comment: