Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Facebook p#ssed me off today...

"I don't need CrossFit.  I just need to deadlift and snatch, but not CrossFit.  Oh, and wallballs, but with my ball, not a Reebok ball.  And no CrossFit.  I will do double-unders and pull-ups, though.  And thrusters.  21-15-9 thrusters and pull-ups, but not Fran.  And that's all I need, too....."


CrossFit is not a right.  It is a free website with free programming. While it is community driven, CrossFit is not a government. These are not elected officials.  They are smart, talented and driven people who do one hell of a job.   It is one of the fastest growing fitness businesses.  You can't vote the people who run CrossFit off the island.  You could sit in paleo chair and occupy a Box for change, but the real CrossFitters would just get annoyed.  Or, they would make you a functional part of our community and jump over you repeatedly Junkyard dog style.  Either way, who would bring you your grass fed paleo jerky? 

So, what is with all the haters STILL complaining about Reebok?  Look, I'd be pissed too if the company fell to shit, but it has flourished.  For people who are interested in numbers, stats and pr's, this fact seems to be disregarded. 



That being said...
If you don't like CrossFitting, don't do it.  BUT, please don't do it and constantly bitch about it.  It makes you sound like a hypocrite.  Reebok is doing an amazing job promoting CrossFit.  Your bitching about it does the opposite.  I figured that out and I'm not a business communications major.  Plus, my Fran time sucks.  Oh, and without an economics major, I have managed to deduce that better quality clothing costs a little bit more.  Funny complaints from people who probably own a stockpile of Lulu...  If you are grassroots or pre-Reebok like me, you have an assload of old school CrossFit shirts-wear them.  They are still awesome!  CrossFitters have more tee-shirts than 5k running enthusiasts!  But, back to Reebok.  I wouldn't care if their symbol was a little steaming pile of poo, if I could wear it in the Games.  Find me one TRUE story about an athlete qualifying for the Games and saying they won't compete because they have to wear a corporate logo uniform.  One.

If you think the movements are bullshit or dangerous, do your own thing.  You can call it SteveFit or whatever your name is.  And, you can make $15 tee shirts that say 'Infidel' or 'Your workout is Steve's warm-up' or whatever you want.  But, don't urinate in my community pool because you don't like that a little triangle is on some clothes.  When you do, that makes you look like a 'little triangle'.  If that play on words went over your head, little triangle is an euphemism for little pussy. 
                    
Oh, and see you later, Drywall.  Whenever I think of little triangles, I will remember you.
     



No comments:

Post a Comment